Sunday 8 April 2012

Lyron Aquino

Location: Philippines
A friendly cosplayer from our neighboring country, Lyron is also a freelance prop/costume maker. His recent project on .Hack got my attention so I stalked him into this interview XD glad he could make time for it.

How long have you been cosplaying?
I've been in to cosplay since 2005, 7 years now XD

Favourite project and why?
 
So far my favorite is Edge Maverick (SO4) cosplay, besides the fact that it gave me the chance to cosplay abroad, I really love lite armor types of cosplay. Especially the ones with futuristic designs. 



What is cosplay to you?
Cosplay is just a hobby and just like any other hobbies, you'll have to spend a lot of money, time and effort for it to become successful. Although it is not a profession, some cosplayers are really good at their works, that they are treated like professionals and earn many fans which I think is a good one.

What motivates and demotivates you from cosplaying?
A lot of things motivates me in cosplays, 1. character design (mainly the costume and the character as a whole) 2.whenever I see my friends Cosplay and see their AWESOME works, it really drives me to do my best! 3.whenever I accomplish a project, it gives me inspiration for my next one. What I think is sad about it is that, some people would prefer to just buy stuff rather than put their effort with their work for whatever reason it is: maybe they're busy with work, school, family, etc. I don't think that's a good excuse, because if you really want to work on something and give it your best, you will find a way for it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment