Sunday 8 April 2012

Emi Lo

Location: America
A prop maker with amazing crossplay, Emi shares a little on her cosplay journey. 

How long have you been cosplaying?
Erm...since 2009...so about 3 years?

Favourite project (why)?
Dear God, I have so many that are near and dear to me.  I think any of Allen Walker or Sheryl Nome.  Oh...also Edward Elric,
 LOL. I always loved Allen - some parts of his personality are very similar to me.  Also...he's a pianist! And piano is the central point of my life, hahaha....obsession. Sheryl Nome is such a strong character.  I don't usually
grow fond of female characters enough to want to cosplay them, but her character really spoke to me.  Ed, too. I really connect with his character....also the short jokes...but also don't want to go into detail for him or Allen cuz it gets personal, hahaha....I think that's why I've been able to cosplay so many versions of both Allen and Sheryl...because I love them so much, and hope that one day I can give them justice with my cos.

What is cosplay to you?
Cosplay is several things for me, but mainly it is a way for me to have fun with my friends.
 Even when I'm cosplaying solo, one of my best friends is usually my photographer, so I love being able to goof around and work with her. It's also to bring my favorite characters to life and find different sides to myself. I'm used to being a very plain girl and not very satisfied with my appearance, but it's very interesting how I can try to portray different personalities (and genders) with cosplay.



What motivates and demotivates you from cosplaying?
Motivation would be everything I just mentioned, haha. Demotivation? People that cosplay just to become "famous."
 I also don't like cosplaying for the sake of cosplaying – having cosplayed characters I don't like before, it takes most of the fun out of it! Cos can also be so stressful, especially in the sewing process…Why can't cos just make itself, right?  But half the fun is watching the fabric turn into something somewhat wearable, and then looking at photos and saying "hey, it doesn't look as terrible as I

though!!" (or hope I can say that LOL.)

No comments:

Post a Comment